New Technologies at the service of Civil Protection
Alexandroupolis Greece – 22-25 June 2016
Democritus University of Thrace and the Prefecture of Eastern Macedonia and Thrace organise the international conference:
SafeΕvros 2016: New Technologies at the service of Civil Protection
The conference aims to bring together academics, researchers, practitioners and enterprises who work in the areas of Crisis Management and Accidents Prevention.
Co-organisers of the conference are the Institute of Technology of Eastern Macedonia and Thrace and the Municipality of Alexandroupolis.
The conference will be held in Greece in the city of Alexandroupoli from 22 to 25 of June 2016.
Prospective authors are invited to submit their work related, but not limited to, the following topics:
- Prevention and management of natural disasters (e.g. earthquakes, fires, landslides, flooding, etc.)
- Prevention and management of technological disasters (e.g. dams, accidents in critical facilities and critical safety systems)
- Prevention and management of major sea, road and air accidents
- Security: Protecting critical infrastructure from malicious actions, cyberprotection, dealing with terrorist acts
- Treatment of emerging forms of crises (e.g. migration, epidemics)
- Humanitarian aid and rescue missions
- Innovative Applications (systems, equipment, software) for immediate and effective civil protection, early warning systems, management of technological risks and natural disasters with emphasis on decision support systems
- Training volunteers, teachers and citizens of primary and secondary education in civil protection issues. Educational programs at all levels of education, regarding students' training in civil protection issues
- Civil protection and Local Government
- Media and civil protection
- Results of innovative European civil protection Programmes
- Abstract Submission: 30 of March 2016
- Abstract Acceptance: 10 of April 2016
- Paper Submission: 30 of April 2016
- Final submission of paper: 15 of May 2016
- Conference Dates: 22-25 June 2016
Early Registration (until 10th of May 2016):
Registration From 11th of May onwards:
The registration fee include the welcome reception, access to all sessions, coffee breaks, conference dinner on the 22 of June, and a conference kit.
The welcome ceremony will be held on June 22 at the Astir Egnatia Alexandroupolis Hotel.
The conference sessions will be held at the “Nomarchio” Building in the city of Alexandroupolis.
A day trip is scheduled for June 25th, 2016, at the river Evros Delta National Park.
Information regarding payment, accommodation and detailed program of the conference will follow.
We look forward to welcoming you in Alexandroupoli in June!
Fotios P. Maris, Assoc. Professor
Deputy Rector of Finance, Democritus University of Thrace
President of the Organizing Committee of the Conference
Abstract Submission: Instructions to the Authors
The 250-word abstract (*.doc file) must be formatted to include design and methodology, original data and results, and conclusion. The headers (i.e. preferred method of presentation, design and methodology, etc.) do not count in the maximum word count.
- Title: <enter your text here>
- Topic: <1, 2, ... or new topic>
- Authors - affiliations: <fist-last name of authors, their current affiliations, email of the corresponding author>
- Preferred method of presentation: <indicate if you prefer oral presentation, poster presentation, or have no preference>
- Design and methodology: <enter your text here>
- Original data and results: <enter your text here>
- Conclusion (include a discussion about why this abstract is important): <enter your text here>
After the conference, selected papers will be promoted with fast track review to international journals indexed in ISI, SCOPUS etc.